Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) is a British educational examination organization that offers international qualifications in the English language, mathematics, and science. The Cambridge IGCSE program is a curriculum for international students studying in the United Kingdom.
The Cambridge IGCSE is a program that is targeted toward students between the ages of 14 to 16 and provides them with the opportunity to study at an international level and prepare for their future education or career. The Cambridge IGCSE program has been designed to meet the needs of all learners who wish to study higher education in the UK system as well as abroad. Learners develop a wide range of knowledge, understandings, and skills, including cultural awareness, intellectual inquiry, responsiveness to change, and applying knowledge and understanding to new and familiar situations.
The Cambridge IGCSE exam is a globally recognized qualification that is offered by Cambridge International Examinations. The Cambridge IGCSE exam has been designed to provide students with an internationally recognized qualification that will allow them to progress into higher education, both in their domestic countries and abroad.
Here are some benefits of enrolling in IGCSEs:
- IGCSEs are globally recognized, enabling one to get a placement in college & universities both in their home nations or even abroad
- Better career opportunities for students with an IGCSE certification
- Developing skills that will enable students to lead a successful life
- A competitive advantage for students who have completed IGCSEs
What to expect from the IGCSEs?
The course: The IGCSE usually takes two years for the enrolled student to complete. The assessment in the courses involved both written and oral tests, as well as practical exams and the coursework that the student has to complete.
The subjects: There are over 70 different subjects that students can choose from in their IGCSE program. These subjects range from Maths to English and other languages. The course available to the student depends on the country, chosen exam board, and even the school in which the student is enrolled.
- Cambridge Checkpoint: Cambridge Checkpoint is an intermediary stage for IGCSE students. It is designed to build on their understanding and strengthen their skills in Mathematics and other subjects. The purpose of the checkpoint is to prepare them for the higher Cambridge qualifications. The tests are designed with the goal of making them accessible to all international students. Schools are provided with an international system to measure student performance.
- IGCSE Extended Mathematics 0580: IGCSE Mathematics 0580 is the subject that students can opt for in the Cambridge International Examinations. It covers topics such as algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and statistics.
IGCSE International Mathematics 0607: IGCSE International Mathematics 0607 is a course that is designed for students who are interested in pursuing mathematics at the university level. The course is divided into two parts: Part A and Part B. Part A covers topics such as algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and calculus. Part B covers topics such as probability and statistics.
- IGCSE Additional Mathematics 0606: The IGCSE Additional Mathematics 0606 is a course that is designed for students who have already completed the IGCSE Mathematics 0506. It is designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge needed to progress to higher-level mathematics courses. This course covers topics such as Number theory, Algebra, Geometry, and Trigonometry.
- IGCSE AS/A Levels Mathematics: The IGCSE AS/A Levels Mathematics course has been designed to provide learners with a broad understanding of mathematics and its applications in everyday life, as well as develop their skills in problem-solving and reasoning through mathematical concepts and methods.
Grading: Grading in the IGCSE program follows the internationally recognized grading system. The students and their performances are ranked between A* to G, with A* being the highest grade a student can achieve.
Examination & Results schedule: The IGCSE exams are conducted thrice every year, in the months of Feb /March, May /June and October /November. The results for the same are typically announced in June, August and January, respectively.
Performing well in the examination as well as the regular coursework is essential for the students to attain a satisfactory grade that will help students propel their careers forward. Therefore, the need for students to get enrolled in tutoring classes to prepare for an exam, which honestly can shape their future. And this is where Serendipity Education can prove to be beneficial for students,
At Serendipity Education, students aspiring to clear IGCSE can take advantage of expert tutors and opt for One-on-One online training to prepare for all this all-important exam. Here you will get support from the preparation of the Cambridge Checkpoint to the final exam for your IGCSE Mathematics. The students will also get access to quizzes, mock tests, and more resources to take advantage of after enrolment in the tutoring program offered under the Serendipity Education banner.
WHAT STUDENTS THINK OF US
Would like to attend a demo Class?
One step away to get the best training