SAT Math

Share this Course:

SAT stands for the Scholastic Aptitude Test. It is a standardized test that is used by colleges and universities to help them assess the academic aptitude of applicants. SATs are offered in two forms: SAT Reasoning Test and SAT Subject Tests. The reasoning test is designed to measure a student’s ability to solve problems, analyze data, and draw conclusions from information. The subject tests are designed to assess students’ knowledge of specific subjects such as mathematics, science, or English literature.

The SAT exam is divided into two sections: the verbal section and the math section. The verbal section consists of three multiple-choice sections: reading, writing and language, and math. The math section consists of five multiple-choice sections: algebra, geometry, arithmetic reasoning, data analysis, and probability/statistics.

The SAT exam is designed to measure a student’s ability to apply what they have learned in school to real-world situations. It also measures how well students can read and understand written material as well as their ability to solve mathematical problems in different contexts.

SAT Exam Pattern

The student appearing for the SATs have a total of 3 hours to answer the questionnaire that is in front of them. The section is divided into three parts: reading, writing, and language, and finally, mathematics. The test score ranges between 400 to 1600 (the maximum a student can score on SATs).

The Reading section has 52 questions that the student can answer, and the time allotted to complete this section is 65 minutes. For the writing and language part, the student has 35 minutes to answer 44 questions — these two sections aggregate 800 points in the SAT.

Finally, the mathematics section has 58 questions that have to be answered within the remaining 80 minutes. This section counts for another 800 points.

SAT Math Section

SAT Math section is divided into two sections: one where the student can use a calculator and the second without the calculator. Of the 58 questions that the students can attempt, 80% of the questions are MCQs, whereas the other  20% are grid-ins.

The without calculator section has 15 MCQ questions, with five grid-ins. At the same time, the students can answer 38 questions with the calculator (30 MCQs and eight grid-ins).

Syllabus for SAT Math Level 1

  • Algebraic Expressions
  • Algebraic Equations & Inequalities
  • Linear Equations & Inequalities
  • Quadratic Equations & Inequalities Polynomial Equations & Inequalities
  • Exponential Functions
  • Data Analysis & Problem Solving

Syllabus for SAT Math Level 2

  • Numbers & Operations
  • Algebra and Functions
  • Coordinate
  • Three-dimension geometry
  • Advanced Trigonometry & Formulas

Difference between SAT Math 1 and SAT Math 2

The SAT Mathematics Level 1 is a test that measures your knowledge of basic mathematics. The SAT Mathematics Level 2 is a test that measures your knowledge of more advanced mathematics.

Level 1 contains algebra expressions, coordinate geometry, number sequence, and data analysis. In Level 2, one will find all the Level 1 topics but also find logarithmic functions as well as the law of cosines and sines.

Benefits of scoring well in SATs

The SAT is a standardized test that is administered by the College Board. It is designed to assess students’ knowledge of mathematics, verbal reasoning, and writing skills.

The benefits of scoring well on the SATs include:

  • A higher chance of getting into a good college
  • A higher chance of getting a scholarship
  • Higher chances of getting hired at a good company

Clearing the math section with flying colors

The benefits of scoring well on the SATs are already mentioned above, and the math part of the exam does play a crucial role in determining what the final result of the student would be.

The only way a student can ace the math section of their SATs, which constitutes about 50% of the aggregate, is through consistent practice and understanding of the topics that are covered under the syllabus. Math is not a subject where one can do well without understanding the concept clearly. That is why it is advised that one benefits from Math tutoring for their SATs to get an excellent score in this section. And this is where Serendipity Education can be beneficial for you.

Take advantage of our One on One SAT Math tutoring classes that are designed to help students prepare for their SAT Math Level 1 & Level 2 in an efficient manner. The enrolled students would also get access to study materials as well as mock tests and quizzes to prepare for their SATs.



Would like to attend a demo Class?

One step away to get the best training

2 3 4 5