Terms and Conditions
Serendipity Education authorizes using the website, these terms will automatically apply to you (hereinafter referred also as USER) you should make sure therefore that you read them carefully before using the website. We are offering you this website to use for your own personal use without cost, but you should be aware that you cannot send it on to anyone else, and you are not allowed to copy, or modify the website, any part of the website, or our trademarks in any way. You are not allowed to attempt to extract the source code of the website, and you also should not try to translate the website into other languages, or make derivative versions. The website itself, and all the trade marks, copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights related to it, belong to Serendipity Education.
- The user to view and access the content available on or from the website solely for their personal use. The contents of the website is under Serendipity Education’s control, whether partial or otherwise such as text, videos, graphics, images, logos, button icons, software and other contents as well as compilation of contents (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly), are property of Serendipity Education and are protected under both Indian and foreign copyright, trademark and other laws. Unauthorized use of such Content will be violation of copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights of Serendipity Education. User may not sell or modify the said content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use such Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose. The use of the Serendipity Education’s Content on any other web site or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited. User shall not copy or adapt the Serendipity Education code that the Serendipity Education creates to generate any Content or the pages making up any of its web-site, or app which is also protected by the Serendipity Education’s copyright.
- User shall be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their account and passwords. The User shall be solely responsible for all activities happening under his/her Username whether authorized or not. User agrees to immediately notify Serendipity Education of any unauthorized use of your Account and Password.
- Serendipity Education reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel, discontinue or terminate the Services of the app, or reject any or all entries/ blogs/ comments/ answers/ points/ coins at their absolute discretion without giving any prior notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever and without any liability to the User.
- User shall be responsible for use of the website, for any entries/ posts/ blog/ comments/ answers/ points/ coins that he/she uploads/makes, and for any consequences arising thereof. The User agrees that he/she shall use the website in accordance with all laws, rules and regulations, as applicable from time to time, including without limitation IT laws and laws relating to unfair competition, antidiscrimination, false advertising and defamation. The User further agrees that the usage of website by the User shall not violate any third party rights including but not limited to Intellectual Property Rights, Right of Privacy and Right of Publicity. In addition to above, the User agrees that User shall not use the website, in order to transmit, distribute, store or destroy material, including without limitation Serendipity Education’s content, that is defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful. Any violation of any of the foregoing, including the terms and conditions mentioned herein shall result in immediate termination of this Agreement, Moreover, Serendipity Education reserves the right to seek damages from any such User to the extent permitted by law.
- Users are also prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the website, including, without limitation the following activities: (a) accessing data not intended for such User or logging into a server or account which the User is not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) attempting to interfere with service to any User, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to app, overloading, “flooding”, “spamming”, “mailbombing” or “crashing”; or (d) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. The Company will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting Users who are involved in such violations.
- The contents of specific postings made by the User are posted and are the responsibility of the User who makes such postings. Though Serendipity Education reserves the right to filter out postings which may carry offensive, harmful, inaccurate, pornographic content or content which infringes on the Intellectual Property Rights of any third party or any rights of publicity or privacy or is defamatory, libellous, threatening or harassing or is indecent and contains any viruses, trojans, trap doors, back doors, easter eggs, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information or otherwise inappropriate content, it does not take any responsibility for such content and/or for deceptive, mislabelled or defamatory content. Serendipity Education merely provides a platform to access the content posted by various teachers, content developers and users (henceforth called user content) by using the Services of the website. The users are expected to take necessary precautions and comply with various provisions of laws while uploading any contents on the website or using the website.
- However, Serendipity Education specifically prohibits the posting of user’s content which provides the following and/or has the effect of the following. The list below is for illustration only and is not a complete list of all prohibited user content. The user content:-
- (a) is implicitly or explicitly offensive, such as User Content that engages in, endorses or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- (b) harasses, incites harassment or advocates harassment of another group or individual;
- (c) involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”;
- (d) promotes or endorses false or misleading information or illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libellous or which amounts to contempt of any judicial authority;
- (e) promotes or endorses an illegal or unauthorized use of any copyrighted work, such as providing or making available pirated computer programs or links to them, providing or making available information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing or making available pirated music or other media or links to pirated music or other media files;
- (f) contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images;
- (g) displays or links to obscene, indecent pornographic, material of any kind;
- (h) provides instructional information about illegal activities or other activities prohibited by these Terms, including without limitation, making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or provides or creates computer viruses or pirating any media; and solicits passwords or personal identifying information from other users.
- The contents, views and ideas expressed/posted are of the respective content developers, users and Serendipity Education does not support/endorse any such views, ideas and expressions. Moreover, Serendipity Education does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any such postings/blogs posted by the Users, the ability of employers to offer job opportunities to candidates or the ability of candidates to fill job openings or admission to college or passing of examinations or performance in school or any user content and makes no representations about any jobs, resumes or user content on the app and the users are cautioned to use common sense and proper judgment in this regard. Serendipity Education is not involved in the actual transaction between employers or examiners and candidates. Any reliance on the content posted by other Users using the app shall be entirely at the risk of the User. User assumes all risks, including but not limited to the risk of physical harm, of dealing with strangers, foreign nationals, underage persons or people acting under false identities.
- Serendipity Education reserves the right without prior notice to access, read preserve and/or disclose the personal information of the User including the content of the postings/blogs if the same is required: (a) in order to comply with any court judgment/decree/order/directive, (b) by any legal/government authority; (c) by applicable law; (d) by professional/legal advisers, directors, employees/agents/representatives of Serendipity Education in connection with this Agreement or otherwise; (e) for investigating potential violations of the terms herein or applicable national & international laws; (f) for investigating deliberate damage to the Services or its legitimate operation; (g) for responding to service support requests, or (h) for protecting the rights, property or safety of Serendipity Education and/or its Directors, employees and the general public at large.
- Serendipity Education reserves the right to store and process the personal information provided by the User in India or any other country where Serendipity Education or its agents/representatives/group companies maintain storage and processing facilities and the User by using the services herein consents to any such transfer of information outside India without prior notice.
- Serendipity Education shall not be liable or responsible in any manner whatsoever for deletion and/or failure to transmit or store any postings/blogs posted by the User by using the Services herein or personal information provided by the User or any other communication maintained by the Service. Further, Serendipity Education reserves the right to create limits on use of the said Service and storage at its sole discretion without assigning any reason whatsoever and without giving any prior notice.
- Serendipity Education does not warrant that the app and will operate without any technical error and is free from any computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms. Serendipity Education shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for any consequences, claims, damages, costs etc. arising out of any of the above-said reasons or due to any force majure factors and/or due to any reasons beyond the control of Serendipity Education.
- Serendipity Education to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, including the warranty of merchantability, fitness for particular purpose and non-infringement. Serendipity Education makes no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the content, services, software, text, graphics, and links used on the app.
- Serendipity Education’s maximum liability arising out of or in connection with the website or your use of the Serendipity Education’s content, regardless of the cause of action (whether in contract, tort, breach of warranty or otherwise).
- Serendipity Education shall not be responsible or liable in any manner whatsoever for the exercise or non-exercise of its rights herein.
- All Serendipity Education trade names, trademarks, logos, domain names including without limitation https://www.serendipityeducation.com/ , all content on https://www.serendipityeducation.com, are the exclusive property of Serendipity Education and the User shall not use the same without the prior written permission of Serendipity Education.
- The user agrees to indemnify Serendipity Education and its directors, employees and agents against any third party claim, action, suit or proceeding resulting from his use of the Services herein or arising out of the Content submitted, posted, transmitted or otherwise made available by the user while using the app, or use of the app by the user in violation of these terms & conditions or violation of any third party rights by the user.
- Serendipity Education reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or revise these terms & conditions at any point of time, without prior notice and the user agrees to be bound by such amendments or revisions. It is therefore suggested that the user must periodically review the updated version of these terms & conditions at https://www.serendipityeducation.com/.
- All the disputes arising between the user and Serendipity Education is to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. The Courts/Tribunals at Chennai, Tamil Nadu shall have the exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
Serendipity Education will be updating the app periodically with further features and several of these will be premium features for which you need to pay to access it. If and when such content is made available in app purchase for it will be activated based on your approval. Once you agree to such in app purchase, you will be charged for the cost of subscription of the premium content.
- You must remember that the app users internet and internet charges may apply. If you are using the app outside of an area with Wi-Fi/internet, you should remember that your terms of agreement with your mobile network provider will still apply. As a result, you may be charged by your mobile provider for the cost of data for the duration of the connection while accessing the website, or other third party charges. In using the app, you’re accepting responsibility for any such charges, including roaming data charges if you use the websiteoutside of your home territory (i.e. region or country) without turning off data roaming. If you are not the bill payer for the device on which you’re using the website, please be aware that we assume that you have received permission from the bill payer for using the website.
- Furthermore, Serendipity Education reserves the right to publish Names, photographs, and videos on the Serendipity Education website, social media platforms, and any other channels where Serendipity Education promotes its brand.
- In addition, both the student and the parent, by agreeing to these terms and conditions, consent to providing testimonials when requested by Serendipity Education for promotional purposes. These testimonials may be used in various marketing materials, including but not limited to the Serendipity Education website, social media pages, and other promotional online and offline channels.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- If you wish to cancel a course, then a refund request email has to be sent to email@example.com from your registered email ID with all the student details including Name, School, Class, Phone number, bank details for crediting the fees and the course you wish to cancel.
- Refund Request will be deemed valid only if the refund request email is sent within 7 days of course purchase. Any request made from any other email id for cancellation or refund will not be entertained.
- No Refund will be provided if the refund request email is sent after 7 days of course purchase.
- For LIVE and Mentored Learning Program after we receive the materials, we will deactivate the course and the refunds shall be processed and made to bank account within 15 working days of receipt of products.
Policy for NDNC
By using the website and/or registering yourself at https://www.serendipityeducation.com/ you authorize us to contact you via email or phone call or sms and offer you our services, imparting product knowledge, offer promotional offers running on website & offers offered by the associated third parties, for which reasons, personally identifiable information may be collected. And irrespective of the fact if also you have registered yourself under DND or DNC or NCPR service, you still authorize us to give you a call from the Serendipity Education for the above mentioned purposes till 365 days of your registration with us. Serendipity Education collects personally identifiable information when you register for a Serendipity Education account, when you use certain Serendipity Education products or services, when you visit Serendipity Education pages, and when you enter promotions. When you register with Serendipity Education, we ask for your first name, last name, contact no, email, Date of birth and gender. Once you register with Serendipity Education and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us. Also during registration, you may be requested to register your mobile phone and email id, pager, or other device to receive text messages, notifications, and other services to your wireless device. By registration you authorize us to send sms/email alerts to you for your login details and any other service requirements or some advertising messages/emails from us.